Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Small talk

One of my favorite people in Oakland to see when I visit Laurel besides Laurel, her boyfriend--Daniel, and her roommate Rachel, is one of their friends from church, Wade. Wade is currently Daniel's roommate, and one of the nicest guys I have met in awhile. I see him at least once every time I visit Laurel, and even though I don't know him that well, he has become one of my favorite people, probably because of his great sense of humor and his sincerity. Last Sunday, Wade and I had this conversation between services:

"Wade," I said, "Its good to see you!"

"Yo what's up," Wade responded, "How have you been?"

"Good," I replied.

"What have you been up to?" He asked me.

"Oh, nothing much. Just living and working in San Diego," I told him, "Nothing too exciting."

"I would love to move to San Diego," Wade told me, "That or LA."

I got excited, "You should come to San Diego! That would be so fun," I paused, and said, "I would be your friend, Wade."

He laughed, "All right. Well, I gotta go to church."

All right, so it isn't that exciting, just small talk, but you know, it might be fun to write a story with Wade moving down to San Diego, and meeting all the rest of the people I know. I would borrow at least part of Plot 1 suggested by Ryan, and we'll just have to see where this goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I like Ryan's Plot #2 the most. Except for the whole girl hurting herself while riding a bike down a steep hill and ending up in a hospital part. Yeah I don't think that should happen. :) Robyn, are you coming to visit me in the other SD (San Dimas) any time soon? I miss you. love-meg ps linz and I got an apartment...costa verde...1st floor....south side...by the heated pool...move in: aug 23...really move in: early sept...yeah!!!! oh, and do you have my work phone#?

Robyn said...

My Bible Study met very close to where you will live last night. You should join us next year--Wednesday nights! Anyway, I don't know that I'll be able to come to San Dimas anytime soon. But yes, I do have your work number.