Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Dilemma-2

There's a guy who just moved in across the way.  He is probably 40 something.  About a month ago, he came and knocked on our door.  I wasn't home, but my roommate was, and he asked her if she either knew of anyone who needed a roommate, or if one of us wanted to move in with him.  Well, that kind of creeped her out a little bit.

This guy always sees me carrying my cello to and fro, and he asked me last Sunday as I was getting home where I play.  I told him that I play at church.  We chatted a bit more, and he told me that he would love to come hear me play sometime.

My dilemma is this:  He already knows where I live, and I don't know this guy, don't want to judge him, but I don't know his intentions, don't know anything about him at all.  I do know that I don't want him following me all around if he's weird. 

I'm trying to be nice, and if he isn't a Christian, then I think he should come to church, but at the same time, I don't necessarily want to open myself up to a possible problem.  

Its times like these where I hate being a single female.  I don't know what to do.  I talked to a few of my guy friends down here, and they helped shed some light on the situation.  I think I'm just going to wait and see how sincere this guy was about coming to see me play, but I'm definitely not going to seek him out.  So if he asks me again, then I will give him directions, and then its up to him.   

Any suggestions?  Am I overreacting here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is kinda scary. I don't know how long I would hang around if he came up to me as I walked between my car and front door. But then again, he might just be a clueless guy who wants (girl)friends and is new in the neighborhood. You just don't know with guys sometimes.-meg

Ryan said...

I think it is good to be cautious, it is sad that we live in a society where friendliness has to be watched but I think your are being good about it.