Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Nothing in particular

My body is still sore from all the activities I participated in over the weekend.  Last night, I got to see Spiderman 2 (finally!) with the only other person I know in San Diego who also hadn't seen it.  We were both out of town when all our friends went to go see this movie.  We had a good time.  I could tell she wanted to hang out a little more after the movie, so we got hot beverage (non-caffinated) and wandered around the shopping area and chatted about life, God, friendship, love, and forgiveness.  I tend to sacrifice sleep for people sometimes when I know that it is more important for me to be there for someone than to be selfish and go to bed on time.  Plus, I can just take a nap later today, hopefully.
 
It is so fascinating to me that we need friendship and companionship so desperately, and yet, even our closest friends will let us down because we are all imperfect.  Why do we need people when we know they will fail us?  I let other people down all the time.  I know that I can be aloof, apathetic, and insensitive sometimes.  We all have our moments.  Anyway, I'm glad that God's love is perfect, and his love NEVER fails. 

3 comments:

Ryan said...

What? I am an imperfect friend? Jeeez, why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff. I mean throw me a frickin' bone people!

As usual this comment is not to be taken seriously :)

Robyn said...

Ryan,
You are a great friend. You have helped me through some hard times. Thanks for always being there. But you're still not perfect! :)

Robyn said...

Isn't it weird when you really think about it? We need people to love, encourage, and affirm us, and yet their love isn't perfect, and we can't love them perfectly either. The bottom line is that we were made to function in community. We learn more about ourselves and the world we live in through the people we communicate with. You only learn the Truth (and I do mean Truth with a capital "T") through interaction with others. Sometimes it hurts, but hopefully we learn something and are able to become a better person.