Saturday, July 03, 2004

Dilemma

I woke up this morning feeling slightly sick. My throat sort of hurts and my nose is threatening congestion. It is being held at bay by my allergy meds...

Here's the dilemma... my dad really wants me to go to Newport on Sunday, and until this morning, I thought I wanted to go, but with sickness threatening and because of high stress levels, I don't think I want to go anymore. My mom also called last week, and was having difficulty dealing with the fact that she will be alone on the fourth of July because the rest of the family is going to the beach to be with my dad. She wanted to know if I would rather go to Disneyland with her. At this point, I don't want to do either thing. I hate being put in the middle like that. I just want to stay home and sleep. And do my laundry. And everything else that hasn't got done in the last 2 weeks.

Baby Rant: You know, I have never really been a kid person, and the baby that lives behind us is another reason why...this kid screams until about midnight, and then I woke up again this morning at about 7:15am to the sounds of his/her not so melodious screaming. I was planning on sleeping in. Now I can't. I'm still tired.

Bonus news: I got my very first check for a paid gig. They are paying me for the wedding. Its not a lot, but I guess I can say I'm a pro now... :) AND I will be getting paid for the other wedding I'm playing in at the end of July. It would be so cool if I could make a living off of playing my cello. Not going to happen anytime soon, but maybe someday...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I think you should make them come take care of you. Right now depending on where you go you reveal your affection. However, if you make them come to you then they have to reveal their affection. See it is a power play. Yeah and then you could have them do the "parent olympics". They each have to help you wit your chores and your not feeling well. The better parent wins!
;)
So wht do you think?

Robyn said...

Good idea, except that I'll lose. I decided not to go to either. I'm pretty sick.