Friday, July 16, 2004

Harbor Strings

So I talked to Michael last night about trying to play music at more weddings, and I think this could turn into something.  Michael is the music director at the church I go to, and plays violin, guitar, and piano.  I am at least going to give my name to the PLNU music department.  Of course, it would  start small, but hey, if I got our name out there, put together a website, maybe we could really do some business.  I have all kinds of questions though, like do I need a business license?  I would need to develop policies, a logo, a contract to use for people who want to hire us, a website (woo hoo!) and then figure out if I can afford a hosting fee for a website.  Look at me go, small business owner! 
 
I got so excited about the whole concept that I put together most of the content of a website last night, and I stayed up so late doing it.  Didn't get to sleep until after 1am! Anyway, we would be called the Harbor Strings, and we play weddings, funerals, birthdays, anniversaries, private parties, and any other special occasion where people need live music.  Our mission would be to bring affordable, professional-level, live music to special events in San Diego County.  I was working on the "About" section of the website last night...
Harbor Strings was started by a small group of string players who met at Harbor Presbyterian Church in La Jolla, California.  They decided to band together in 2004 for the sake of all their friends who were getting married and who wanted affordable, live music at their weddings.  Most of the members of Harbor Strings have a classical music background and have played together at church.  We love God, we love music, and we love people. Thanks for looking at our site.
So it hasn't happened yet, but a girl can dream right?  Check out my list of instruments we play:
 
Solo Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello, Piano, Guitar
Additional Instruments: Bass, Drums, Percussion
Combinations: String Quartet, String Trio, Piano Trio, or any other combination of the instruments listed above
 
This too, may come to pass.  I'm excited!  :)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I will keep your dreams in my prayers. I think it is an awesome idea and am happy that you have found an idea that you are passionate about. I know if I get married or someone I love dies I will call you first :)