Monday, July 05, 2004

I hate ants...almost as much as bees...

I am still recovering from this cold that I caught, and I did nothing this morning but watch TV. It reminded me of what I used to do when I was unemployed. You know, I may be somewhat bored at my job right now, but you know what? It sure beats unemployment. I am so thankful for my job. And I'm glad that God reminds me occasionally that I am truly blessed.

I was feeling better in the afternoon and decided to do my laundry, mostly because if I didn't, I would have no clean clothes, and my room would be a mess. My laundry always seems to spill out of the basket in my closet and infiltrate my floor...hmmm...sneaky clothes...

When I took my trash out today (result of cleaning spree after I did the laundry) I saw a New King James Version of the Bible sitting on top of the dumpster. I looked in the front cover, and saw that it had been dedicated to someone's friend. It made me sad to see the Bible there because there are so many places in the world where people don't get to read God's word because Bibles are inaccessable, forbidden, or expensive. I don't really need an extra Bible, so I just left it there, figuring that someone might pick it up later. Well, when I was on my way to dinner (Taco Bell....mmmmm) I saw the kids in my complex gleefully ripping out pages of that Bible. It definitely got my hackles up, but I didn't say anything. I was under the impression that most of the families in my complex do attend church, well, not sure, they are probably Catholic, and you would think that they would have some reverence for God's word. These kids are old enough to read. I think I would have been disturbed regardless of what book it was, but because it was the Bible, well, it was even more disturbing.

On a completely different topic, I got attacked by red ants on my way to Taco Bell. I have no idea where they were hanging out, but now I have some lovely red itchy bumps on my feet and legs, and I'm also experiencing "ant paranoia" where you 'think' there are ants crawling all over you even though they aren't. Maybe God is punishing me for neglecting to grab that Bible and donating it somewhere... next time, I'll save the Bible, and give it to someone who can use it...

No comments: