Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If I were to write a Christmas letter...

If I were writing a Christmas Letter, this is what it would say:

I have so much to be thankful for this year. I bought a new cello with the help of my family and friends for my birthday last February. It has been such an awesome blessing. This instrument is beautiful and I've started to think about playing a recital sometime in March. It will take a bit of preparation on my part, but I am hoping that I will be able to share my talent with all my supporters and fans. :)

A very personal journey is coming to an end soon (I hope). I started trying to lose some weight about a year and a half ago, and I just recently hit 40 pounds of weight loss. My goal is still about 10 pounds away, but I feel so much better (and hopefully look good too!). It has been a struggle that I do not like to talk about since I know so many people who struggle with this issue. But I am proud of my accomplishment and look forward to being able to steal pants from my sister!

I have built some great relationships with local musicians in town. I'm currently playing with Lessons From Zeke, a local band here in San Diego. I have really enjoyed playing with this talented group of musicians and I'm looking forward to contributing to a few songs on their next album.I have also had the opportunity to try singing and really enjoy it! I sing occasionally with the band at church and this has been a great experience.

I also finished my Master's Degree in Library and Information Sciences from San Jose State University. I'm excited to be done. My life will be drastically different due to the end of my schooling. I'm looking forward to the future and especially having more free time.It has been a great year. I'm looking forward to the next. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! You know, who says that Christmas letter has to be a letter? We found a wonderful newspaper template that a teacher created for a unique holiday "letter" and my friends were so impressed. It looked quite real and are formatted so even our 8 yr. old replaced text and images with her own and used her name as the "writer." My husband emailed a bunch of them but I printed some and inserted them into my cards - they looked great! http://www.buildanewspaper.com
Good luck!

mons meg said...

are you going to revise your christmas letter to include the big move?? :)

mons meg said...

i dont know why im back in 2008....hahahahhaha i was wondering...