Monday, October 04, 2004

Revelation

My friend Ryan (the one who sometimes comments on this journal) and I were talking once about relational equity...which is a description of the amount of relational pull you have with other people. This concept came up again last night as I thought about various relationships in my life and realized that in all but two relationships that I have with my friends down here in San Diego, I am the initiator, meaning if I want to hang out with people individually or in small groups, I have to call them. They aren't really calling me except for large group activities like potlucks or frisbee. Why is that? I'm not exactly sure.

I only mention this because it started to bother me a little...and then I had to decide not to let it bother me. The true friendships I have go both ways. I call them, and they call me.

One more note: Although I am right handed, most of my best friends have been left-handed so I'm always interested in knowing how many lefties I know. Go Lefties!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey I got two nods in today's blog
:)