Friday, October 08, 2004

Another day off

I'm at my mom's house cause I have an interview in Azusa today at 12:30. I drove home last night because I thought I would be able to sleep in here. I was wrong. The gardeners came this morning and my window was open. They mowed and they blowed, they whacked and the weeded, and scared my sleep away. There is actually breakfast food in the kitchen, and I'm probably going to take Scout, our rather large labrador, for a walk. I will probably start doing my laundry if I have time. I am glad I have the morning off at least.

On the drive home last night, I didn't listen to the radio at all. That was interesting because I had the two orchestral pieces that I'm playing in the orchestra stuck in my head. I was worried that I would have trouble sleeping because the pieces were stuck in there pretty good. Though there were some unpredictable drivers out there, it was otherwise a good chance to just think about my life and what's going on. I was able to just talk to God and listen to the silence. Sometimes I need that, more than I know.

No comments: