Sunday, April 18, 2010

Visiting

So I just got back from church. It was my first time trying something different since last July. The service was more my style, so I felt relieved that there's something out there that I like. However, I'm also feeling guilty for leaving my old one. I've told two people there that I was considering trying out some other churches. Also, now I have to decide whether to try out the other churches on my list or keep going back to this one for a bit. I think I'm leaning more toward checking out the others on my list and then making a decision. However, it's such a lonely process.

I was thinking about how there's this regular article in the free magazine in San Diego. There's an anonymous writer who goes to a different church every week and rates it based on a scale that he or she created. Maybe I should create my own rating system?

I'm trying to prepare myself for at least a month of awkwardness, and then I'm trying to tell myself that "no, it's NOT awkward, it's an adventure!" It's all about perspective, right?

2 comments:

betty said...

I like your adventurous spirit..
I'm enrolled in an online coaching class, this is one of the skills to help one over obstacles or challenges (perspective) so you did well :-)
we have similar interests...can you believe I found my way to your blog, while searching out info on black beans,I rabbit trailed onto cello's which I LOVE.I never learned play one, one daughter did.many blessings on your new "home" search, it can be a challenge..

Robyn said...

Hey Betty, thanks for leaving a comment! I love it when I find new blogs via the bunny trail. If you're a coach, then you should know it's never too late to try something new. :)