Saturday, October 02, 2004

Happy October!

First of all, I'd like to say Happy October! October is my favorite month of the year. I love the way the weather changes, wind with a slight chill in the air, football season is officially underway, and most of the trees start changing colors, well, sort of. California is not exactly a good "fall" state for colors. But I still like it.

I'm still trying to find a place that might be broadcasting the Fresno game today (Don't get mad Meg!) and I have quite a few other things to do before I go...today is going to be an organizational feat! Here's what's going on:
  1. Ultimate Frisbee at the park at 10am in La Jolla
  2. Lunch afterwards :)
  3. 3 hours of freetime in which I will need to possibly do my laundry, cook a lasagna, drop off my dry cleaning, take a shower, go to the bank, and fill out that pesky faculty application.
  4. Watch the Fresno game with my sister at an unspecified location (at this point)
  5. Pick up my friend Ryan G. and my *cooked* lasagna
  6. Head up to a potluck
  7. Have lots of fun!

As for last night, it was really fun. My roommate's friend apparently has a wedding coordinator friend, so I gave him my contact card. Look at me! Networking! I've never been good at it. But here's hoping for a little extra income. Dinner was great, and here's the funny story of the evening... Have I ever mentioned that I am a klutz? yeah... well, I had this quarter in my pocket. It was a Maine one. And I dropped it about 3 times before we even left to go. Once we got to the venue, I dropped it one more time. By this time, all my friends were laughing. Then about halfway through the first half, I realized my phone was missing. I knew I had brought it in (cause I hadn't meant to) and it was now not in my pocket, so I started to panic a little, and then I dropped that darn quarter again in addition to my whole wallet, which made some noise on the way down. We were all chuckling by this point. I'm happy to report that I found my wallet, the phone, and even that pesky quarter by the time we left. I'm NEVER wearing those pants out again because things fall out so easily.

As for that significant spiritual conversation, we had a bit of a conversation about what church my friend and I go to, but that was about it. But that's okay. I'm not going to push. But I do care about these people, and I'm hoping that when the timing is right, I'll be able to share God's love with them.

I hope everyone else out there has a great weekend. For me, this is my Sunday. I work tomorrow.

No comments: