Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Out and about

Yesterday, after work, I met three of the neighbor kids. They were between the ages of 7 and 9. They wanted to know how old I was, what grade I was in, and where I worked. I made them guess my age. They thought I was 18. :) My response? "That's SO OLD!" I told them I was 27. One of the girls told me that her mom was 27. Interesting...

Then I went out with my roommate to this bar over by where we live. This bar made me laugh! It is located in a not-so-good part of town, and looks very seedy. It definitely had character. I would never go there by myself. The lead singer's name is Dottie. She's a 60 year old black lady who can wail. She's the kind of lady that calls everyone "baby" and "sugar" and her catch phrase is "Well, I ain't mad at cha."

Her band consists of a group of 20 somethings guys whom she calls the Diamonds. And they can play the blues. My roommate is in love with their pianist, who is a fantastic piano player. He also plays the harmonica, but my roommate told me that he broke it, so he can't play it right now. It was very fun. I had to leave to go to bed, cause they didn't even start playing until 9:30pm. I told my roommate to tell the band not to be insulted that I left. I had to get up early in the morning to go to work. I just may go back...and bring friends with me.

No comments: