Friday, October 15, 2004

Homecoming

I'm picking Megan up at about 11:30 to drive back home. We are meeting Adam, Duncan, (my brothers) and Tracy (Duncan's girlfriend) for the parade and then I think we're all going to the high school football game. I know, we are such geeks. I asked Adam (who teaches at the high school) if I should wear my old letterman jacket. He laughed at me and said, "Don't be one of those people!" I did find my old varsity swim sweatshirt. It used to be my favorite. You can tell. It is a little threadbare. I got it my freshman year of swimming, but I love it! I haven't decided if I'm going to wear it though because when I wear it, people think I'm still in high school.

Now that I have thought about it... no. I'm not wearing it. Also on this weekend's agenda...I hope I have time this afternoon to get out to Pasadena. There's a great music store there that has the best selection of sheet music I have seen anywhere. I'm hoping to get out there so I can pick up some Christmas music. I think we (my string friends and I) are going to try and play Correlli's Christmas Concerto and hopefully a version of "Hark, Hear the Bells." I want to go look and see what's available, cause that will determine what we play. I also want to get a Christmas quartet book so that I can pull together some friends and play for the people in my complex...make it an outreach event.

Anyway, I also got most of Sunday off, so I'm excited about the extra time I have on Sunday. My boss told me not to worry about making up the hours because there's a non-holiday break and the library is closed, which messes up my schedule, and I inevitably get to work overtime even though it doesn't show up on my time sheet that way. It is going to be a fun and busy weekend.

No comments: