Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Funny Story

Funny Story: Got home on Monday night, and the neighbor's cat was meowing at their door. So I opened the screen, knocked, and no one answered. Tried the door knob, it was open, and I let the cat in. Then the 8 year old who lives there and I had a conversation through the front window.

"Is that your cat?" I asked.
"No, that's not our cat," he said.
"What?!!" I said, with increasing anxiety.
"You have a cat, right?" I asked.
"Yes. That's him," and he pointed inside, "But not that one." He pointed the other direction.
"Do you want me to help get him out?" I asked, feeling guilty for opening the door in the first place.
I was confused. Apparently, so was he. His older sister and brother came to the door. We started chatting. They opened the door, and I looked inside. I pointed at the cat. "That's the cat I let in."
"Oh," said the girl, "that's our cat."
"Ok, good, because that's the one that I let in your door," I said.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with other people's pets, even if the pet is a very persistant cat.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Cats... I tell you they are the devil! See now if it was a dog you would not have had this problem. Dogs are just better. I bet if Satan hadn't used the serpent to tempt Eve he would have used a cat. Beware the devil cat!

;)

Robyn said...

Don't be a hater!

I think if God hadn't used a serpent, he would have used a large scary bee! Or possibly a spider...I can argue the existence of evil in God because he created bees.

I wonder if insects were poisonous before the fall...