Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Stuck

I was writing kid songs today for the kids camp we're doing in a week. The hazard of leading music for kids? Well, it would be getting the songs stuck in my head all day! The tunes are quite catchy. If you were to ask me at any given moment what song was stuck in my head, I could probably give you an answer. But beware of doing this...if you ask me what the song is, and you happen to know it, it will get stuck in your head too. I'm really good at getting
songs stuck in people's heads.

My favorite "song-stuck-in-my-head" moment was in college. We were playing a whole Mozart opera, and I got the flu pretty badly between the two weekends we performed it. I got song number 13 stuck in my head, and couldn't get it out. I tried everything...reading, listening to other music, but couldn't get it out. I was up until the wee hours of the morning because of that stupid song. And because I was sick and tired (ha ha) I convinced myself in my delirium that Mozart was making me ill. Yeah. Good times.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Mozart made me ill once in college too!!!
I think we should start a support group...

Yeah good times....

Robyn said...

Are you serious? Or are you just making fun of me... cause I can take you...