Friday, August 27, 2004

What can go wrong...

Okay, tonight, I have to sing two songs we sang at the Kids Club Camp with the kids for their parents. Yes, it is parents' night at VBS. So we practiced this morning. It was terrible! Case of what can go wrong will and we had a lot of issues to work out:

1. Sound guy got sick...so I got to "learn" how to set up all the equipment myself. Well, I take that back, Michelle helped me. We got everything hooked up correctly and working...props to us.

2. Michael (guitar guy) had a doctor's appointment and couldn't come help me sing this morning. Well, he would back me up on guitar while I sing and lead motions. So, uh...the counselors don't know the motions that well, and we had some kinks when the kids were trying to sing one of the songs.

3. The kids were totally disinterested, and the boys were totally misbehaving. They weren't paying attention, and it was hard for me to direct them and play guitar at the same time.

4. They kept kicking the cords from the microphone and so the mic was acting up a bit.

So I left feeling like I had failed this morning, and I was feeling a little discouraged. I sure hope Michael comes back tonight, otherwise things will be rather interesting. OK.

On a more positive note, my sister had a birthday yesterday, so I'd like to give a belated birthday shout out to Megan who is now 20.

Although this will be a short weekend for me (I work on Sunday) it will be fun because I get to see Megan and my mom tomorrow. I need to figure out when I can do laundry...

No comments: