Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Down Time

Today was seriously busy! Good news is I got into my French class. Bad news is now I have homework again. Forgot about that aspect of being in an actual class. So here's how my schedule looked today:

VBS: 8-10
Work @ library:10-11am
French 101: 11-12
Work: 12-1:15
Got Hungry, grabbed lunch: 1:15-1:30
Work: 1:30-3:30ish
Went with student to UCSD to retrieve articles: 3:30-5:45
Back on campus: 5:45-6:30pm

So I'm chillin' right now cause my community group (aka Bible Study) meets in La Jolla at 7pm tonight, and it is virtually pointless for me to drive back to my apartment cause it takes 20min, and then it takes another 20min to drive to La Jolla. So I figure I save gas by staying here and I can technically say I'm working because I'm in my office. Whatever. I will be glad when life is back to normal, even though being with the kids is pretty fun. I don't think I could handle being with them longer than the 30 minutes I am with them in the morning. I don't know what to do with them usually except tell really bad jokes, and this morning we played "Simon Says." I taught them how to pat their heads and rub their bellies at the same time. Yeah, that's cool.

On a more serious note, my mom told me that my dog is probably being put to sleep today. He apparently had two seizures yesterday, and my mom didn't expect him to live through the night last night. He's 17 years old, and I'll really miss him. I'm the one who trained him, and he was always so happy to see me when I would come home to visit. I'm really kind of sad that I didn't get to say goodbye. Maybe its better this way.

No comments: