Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Easy Cheap Shots

Subtle Offense: When someone invites you out, to a party, to eat, to a potluck, or whatever, don't ask who else is going. This really bothers me because what you are really telling the person who invited you is that he or she isn't cool enough by themselves. Does it really matter who else is going? In my opinion, this question is acceptable only after you have given the person a positive response.

People almost always ask me that question when I invite them to do things. My usual response to this question is: What, you don't want to hang out with me? Does it really matter who else is going?

Reality: It always matters. People will always ask this question. I just think it is dumb.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

So who is else is going to post?


;)