Sunday, August 29, 2004

Sunday.

I am at work today, my Sunday shifts started at PLNU. Church was good, I got made fun of for leading the kids in singing for the adults this morning. When you do motions and songs with kids, you have to exaggerate everything. I looked really funny. Really good morning for my friend Ryan (a different one!) to come see my church this morning.

Ryan and I basically grew up together, not that we were all that close or anything, but we went to the same church in Glendora, he was on the swim team with me at the high school, he went to UCSB, was involved in Crusade, went on the same mission trip I did, and just moved to San Diego. Yay! We had breakfast this morning, and it was so good to see him. We really do have some history, and it was fun catching up on ALL the people we know. He came to church with me this morning, and I really hope he liked it. I had to leave him there cause I had to come to work, but he was having fun talking with my friend Kathy, who is also on staff with Crusade, and he may start going to the men's Bible Study. I really love connecting people, and I'm so thankful that Ryan is in town.

Melanie is having a birthday/going away party today, and I'm pretty sad that I can't be there, because I'm working. Well, sort of. Even though I work today, the good news is that I will have a five-day weekend next week. I'm taking Tuesday off, and going to watch Duncan play football against Washington State. It will be my second "real" vacation of the year. The first being when I went to visit my cousin in Texas. This one is longer though. I'm excited.

No comments: