Friday, September 03, 2004

Life is good

In contrast to my summer, my time these days has been filled. I have been very busy this last week, which is good, but when I stop and slow down, and think about everything that's going on, it stresses me out. Better this than boredom though, I say. I wish I had something profound to say right now. Something about communicating, or relationships... or how good it is to be around people who care. I ran into Chelsea this morning. It was the first time that I have seen her spontaneously this school year. Chelsea is my step-sister, and she goes to school at Point Loma. A little bit later, I ran into Robbie and Chris, sort of my cousins. To be specific, they are step-cousins, but they both go to Point Loma too. Robbie gave me a big hug, and introduced me to his girlfriend, who also happens to be in my French class. That was funny. She was probably the first person I met (and whose name I remembered) in my French class. So its neat that she is dating Robbie.

So I was reflecting on how good it is to have "positive" family around me. Robbie and Chris' sister also attends PLNU, and they are such a neat family. What a contrast to mine. Chelsea and Megan are also around, and as far as family members go, I can relate to them better than some of the other members of my family. So I'm really glad that all these people are around me. Such a difference from when I first moved here and knew no one. I was so lonely, and I knew it would take some time for me to get to know people here. I still struggle with lonliness sometimes, and then I feel dumb, because I really am blessed. I am definitely less lonely than I was a year ago. And my life is full right now. It's nice to be busy again.

I'm going on a vacation this weekend, and I'm praying that it will be relaxing rather than stressful. Almost my entire immediate family is flying to Washington to watch Duncan play football. Fresno is playing the University of Washington on Sunday. And Beryl is TVo-ing the game for me. It's on cable.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey miss "I am too popular and busy with my fabulous life to blog" when do we get to hear what is going on? I mean I know there are more important things in life (no!) than keeping up your web log, but c'mon. Just so you know checking your web log is part of my daily activity so you had best keep up your side of things.
:)
So in all honesty how are thing?