Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Orchestra

So I'm sort of in this orchestra. I only practiced for it once. I have missed about 3 rehearsals, and will miss another on Thursday in order to make some extra cash. It bothers me a little that I keep missing rehearsals. I told the director from the beginning that I could be somewhat flakey. He said he still wants me to play even though he already has about 7 cellos and 3 basses. There's nowhere near enough violins to even need a bass section that size. So even though I'm a flake, I guess I'll continue to play until I get kicked out for missing too many rehearsals. Good thing I'm not getting graded. See, I figure, I already did my time. I spent four years of my life getting grades in music. This I'm doing for fun. Well, sort of. I'm finding myself to be slightly unmotivated, mostly because of my lack of time to practice. If I did practice, the music would be really easy. Amazing how that works. We'll see if I make it to the concert. I'm already missing one concert for a football game. I know, priorities, right?

No comments: