Monday, September 27, 2004

Conversations-7

Conversation of the weekend:

"Hey, would you ladies like some bagel pizzas?" this guy asked us. There were about four of us girls sitting on the couch chatting when he showed up.

"Only if you tell me your name!" I responded. We were at an 80's party and the guy who decided to chat with us had been pretending to be a pick-up artist. I felt obligated to respond in a similar fashion.

He laughed at my response and told us, "My name is Rob, nice to meet you."

"That's a good name," I said, "My name is Robyn."

After the other girls introduced themselves, one of them said, "Hey, Rob and Robyn...you guys should go around and pretend that you guys are a couple...that's such an 80's kind of combo..."

We both laughed. "That would be funny," I said. We didn't really pretend to be a couple that night. However, as I was leaving, I mentioned to Rob, "Hey, thanks for being my fake boyfriend."

Rob laughed and said, "Anytime."

Well, you never know when a fake boyfriend could come in handy.

So I went to an 80's party on Saturday and I must say...I had fun with my costume. I wore a neon green shirt that had the collar cut off, and fringe at the bottom. I found a hot pink and green bandana that I wore as a headband, pegged my jeans and crimped the bangs in the front (not that I have true bangs, mind you...) and my side ponytail. Yeah! I'll see if I get pictures back and then you too can relive the hideousness of the decade.

No comments: