Monday, August 01, 2005

Busy weekend

It absolutely amazes me how quiet my social life can be... no one I know really plans anything, but when they do, it is always on the same weekend, or during the same week.

I had one of the busiest weekends I've had in awhile, and my eye is still twitching. Probably from lack of sleep. On Friday night, I was supposed to go to a bridal shower for a friend of mine, but I also had to prepare my extra room for my new roommate. So on my way to the shower, I picked up some spackle, and a hammer, and then fixed up the room after the shower. Saturday, I probably should have done my laundry, but didn't. I woke up feeling sick and fatigued, so I just read all morning. Then I went to the grocery store and picked up some fruit to make a fruit salad for a party I was going to later in the afternoon. It was my kind of party. There were 5 of us there, 3 girls from my old Bible study, and a guy who is dating one of them. We sat around by the pool and caught up on each other's lives. It was really cool. Then I went to a birthday party, but only stayed for about an hour because I was so tired. I came home to find my new roommate in teh process of moving in, so the apartment was kind of a disaster. But that's alright. Sunday, I led our Kids Club, and it was probably the best job I've done so far. It was really fun. I went to lunch with two groups... I left one group early, and met the other group later. Then I had to find a skirt to wear out for a going away party last night for a friend of mine who is ironically moving close to where I grew up. We went to the W hotel in San Diego, and it was really fun. The friend who planned it told all the girls we had to wear skirts or dresses. Since I don't really have any casual dresses, and I don't like wearing skirts, I had to go find a skirt to wear with the shirt I wanted to wear. But it was a good shopping trip, because I not only found a great skirt, but also found a shirt I can wear with either black pants or skirt to the wedding I am playing in soon. Everyone was surprised and I told them to take pictures because who knows when they will see me in a skirt again.

I also found out on Saturday that my brother got signed by the San Diego Chargers. I'm so excited because I'm in San Diego. So his girlfriend is visiting me for a few days, and I'm taking some time off so that we can hang out and go watch the open practices.

No comments: