Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Wedding

I went to a wedding last night for two friends of mine from San Diego. I played cello in it, and it was so much fun. Funny story though, I have a friend who is over 30 and really looking for "the right guy." She was assigned to sit at the same table as me, along with 3 other people I knew, and 3 I didn't know. My friend was all excited cause the guy sitting next to her was a brain surgeon. I'm serious. He was really nice, and the two of them seemed like they were getting along well. Came time to dance, and because I was the only girl left at the table, he asked if I wanted to dance. I said, "yes" of course because in my opinion, if you get asked to dance, you should dance. So we danced. It was fun. My friend came up to us a bit later during a break and said she was leaving. Knowing that she was interested in this guy, I told her, "well, you can't leave without dancing...you should dance one dance!" Perfect opportunity set up by me to let the two of them get to know each other. Alas, she refused the dance. I couldn't believe it. Her behavior really doesn't make sense to me because there's no harm in dancing... well, unless the guy just seems really creepy or wasted...but anyway, she should have danced with him. He was so cool. Maybe a bit old for me though. :)

There's this other guy that was at our table that I have known for awhile, and we see each other at social events. He is very intelligent but very quiet and sort of shy. I have a feeling he is a deep thinker and I always want to know what he's thinking about because I always forget to ask. I was dancing with a different guy than the one above, but then he noticed another girl on the floor who didn't have a partner, so in a moment of complete weirdness, he pulled her in so we were all dancing together. Too weird for me, and thankfully, I saw the guy from my table sort of on the outskirts of the floor looking bored. So I left the weirdness and pulled this guy onto the dance floor. Totally cool experience because once we started dancing he got a big grin on his face. So much better than the "bored face" of earlier.

I had to leave a bit early because of committments on Sunday morning, but as I was trying to say goodbye to another guy friend of mine he says, "you can't leave, I was going to ask you to dance!" I tried to tell him we could raincheck it, but then he says, "look, how often have I asked you to dance?" I said, "never." He said, "That's right, never, so you can't leave!" I laughed and agreed to dance the next dance with him.

Anyway, it was a good wedding overall, mostly because people weren't so uptight. Everyone was trying to have a good time. :)

My wedding stats:
20ish "good cello-ing" comments
10ish "love your outfit" comments
(very classy lavender tank with sequins, and long formal black full orchestra skirt)
6 dances with single guys
3 "goodnight" pecks on the cheek from single guys
2 "saved myself from tripping over my skirt" moments
1 small hole in my skirt from a "tripping over my skirt" moment
0 bridal bouquets caught.

No comments: