Sunday, November 02, 2008

Collaboration

A new friend of mine came over on Saturday and we jammed a bit. He plays guitar. I met him through the Psalms project. We are a part of a group that is studying Psalm 91 with the goal of creating art together for the community.

I've been trying to pinpoint an idea for weeks now, and I've been trying to write things down. My friend is a fantastic guitar player. He asked my how my project was going and I asked him how his was going and we just started collaborating. He started just playing some basic progressions on guitar and I came up with lyrics and a melody line. I like it so far. The words are almost word for word from the Psalm. We have our first verse solidified:

He who dwells in the shelter
of the Most High
Will find rest in the shadow
of the Almighty
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge,
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge,
my fortress,
My God in whom I trust
--------------------
I'm still working through the second verse, but it will be something like this:

Surely he will save you
from your enemies
With his wings he'll protect you
And you will rest
His faithfulness will be your shield
His faithfulness will be your shield
Your rampart
A protection you can trust

No comments: