Sunday, June 10, 2007

Beach BBQ

One of the best parts of living by the beach is that you can go there at almost any time. My friend Tara invited me to a barbecue that her church was sponsoring, so I agreed to go. Here's the funny part--we did not know who was going to be there, the advertising did not give a name, phone number, or specific location. We knew which beach it was going to be at, but we didn't know exactly where. So we decided to go to the beach, see if we could find the people, and if we couldn't find them, we decided that we would head over to one of my favorite restaurants for happy hour.

We walked almost the entire length of the beach, when I noticed a few barbecue pits down at the very end. So we walked over and started walking away from the water and towards the fire pits. One guy waved us over, and it happened to be the only guy Tara knew. So we found the right group. There weren't that many people, so at first, everyone sort of sat in a circle. It was...awkward. No one was making the effort to talk to anyone else. So I got up and went to get some food and started talking to this girl. Tara soon followed me and we soon had an interesting discussion. The guy who was cooking started talking to us, and pretty soon, he and I were talking. He apparently programs video games and likes music.

So it turned out to be a fun afternoon after all. I invited the guy (from the previous paragraph) to come watch me play at church, and he actually showed up. It made me happy. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
it makes me happy when my sis is happy