Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Going away party

Last night, I went to this going away party for a new friend of mine from the band I play in. I think I'm going to miss her. We do not know each other that well, but she was really good at including me, and I could sense that she is a loving, compassionate, giving person, and that she is also a good listener.

She requested that I bring the cello. There were two guitar players that were also asked to play at this party. So I got to play cello with these guys and it was so awesome. It sounded so good, and it was an energizing experience for me. I was talking to a different guy from church about it after we played and he was smiling, and I started telling him how much I love to play. I honestly could care less about whether or not I have an audience (although it is nice to have one) but that's how much I love to play. I would play every night if I could with a guitar player or band. This guy then said something that made so much sense to me.

He said: You are doing what God made you to do. He gave you a gift and you are using it.
And then when I accused him of laughing at me he said: I'm smiling because it makes me happy to see that you are doing what you were meant to do.

I wish I could have that feeling all the time.

No comments: