Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Friend

My energy is so low right now, I cannot bring myself to do ANYTHING.

I just sent an email to the guy I met at the barbecue to thank him for coming to see me play cello at church a few Sundays ago. He said he was going to email me but I beat him to it. He thinks we should hang out with my friends or his after the service next time he comes.

I haven't responded yet.

I'm definitely curious about this guy. I barely know him. And I think I want to be friends. That's where relationships start, right?

I hate awkwardness and hurting people's feelings. Maybe that's why I'm so reserved when it comes to dating. This relationship is nowhere near that point yet, but I can't help but think about it. I sort of talked this over with Tara, and she thinks I should give him a chance. Like I said, we're nowhere near that point. But I gotta say, I like his approach. It wasn't "let's hang out--the two of us," but "let me get to know your friends, or you can get to know mine." What a concept. I do believe you can tell a lot about a person by the friends they keep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the same way. I hate awkwardness and I don't want to hurt people's feelings. Is that why I don't like the whole dating concept? It makes sense.
love ya-meg