Monday, January 23, 2006

Rats!

So our student worker this morning saw a rat run across the first floor over by our front desk. So my co-worker freaked out and came into my office and actually stood on my stool that I have for students to sit on if they need to. So I went to see what was going on. Sure enough, there was the rat. He was freaked out, and tried to go outside, but of course all our doors were shut. So after a few minutes of trying to corral him out the door, he finally ran into our first floor stacks. The student and I chased him around for a bit, and eventually lost him. The students who were studying on the first floor couldn't figure out what we were doing... carrying around newspaper sticks and suddenly dropping to the floor to look underneath the stacks... and let me tell you that carpet is dirty! Anyway, who knows where the rat is now. Hopefully getting an education in the 200's (religion and philosophy) because we called physical plant and he could possibly die. I feel sorry for him. He was THIS CLOSE to freedom and ran the other way.

No comments: