Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Monday Night Live

So I'm starting a youth group for high school at church. I would say "we" cause the pastor is lending us his house and input, but there are only two girls so far. So it will be a high school small group first, and we'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited but apprehensive. I haven't tried relational ministry in awhile, and we do not know each other that well yet.

One of the girls came over last night and it was good. We got to talk about her relationship with Christ and her family and also play some air-hockey. I'm way better at foosball cause of college (thanks Ryan!) but managed to win 2 of 3 games in air hockey. The pastor was laughing at my intensity. What? I like to play. I don't care about winning, although that's fun too, but I just like to play.

I also start library school at the end of this month. I'm not really excited about school, but I think I will be when I'm finally studying. I've been preparing for library school for the last 4 months. Crazy.

Also, I was talking with a new friend of mine about school and music and some of the decisions I've made, because he was saying how he would love to be a full-time musician, whether that would be as a music director at a church or full-time performer, but he has a wife and three kids. I was telling him how I would probably never be a professional musician, but that I really enjoy playing in the studio, and if I could do anything, it would be that. So he offered to "hook me up" with his studio. That would be amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our youth pastor was recently let go, now we are trying to start a youth group on our own. I hope it works out for you.