Thursday, January 28, 2010

Support

As of late, I have been jogging weekly with a friend of mine. I have noticed that when we're running together, I'm able to run faster and farther than if I were to run by myself. When we jog, I'm able to go three miles, and sometimes more. But this morning, I got up and went for a jog, but I was so tired that I couldn't even run a quarter of a mile without stopping.

There's this story in the Bible about Elijah-- with the strength of the Lord, he is able to run 40 miles, from one city to another. Later, he tries to run away from Jezebel, this evil queen, and he can't even get more than a few miles away, because he tries to do it outside of the strength of God.

I guess I've just been thinking about that and how much more I am able to accomplish with God's help, and the support of others around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure there are parallels in my ministry as well.
Ryan O