Sunday, January 03, 2010

Hide and seek

I'm still on vacation, and it's nice. I've been all up and down the California coast. I have lots of stories from this trip already and it isn't over yet.

I got to go to Big Bear with the fam. I have an eight year old niece, and she, like most little kids, wants to play all the time. My three sisters offered to play hide and seek with her while the rest of us were hangin' out in the living room. I was sitting by the fire and watching TV in the middle of the game when my sister Megan comes up to me and says, "Quick! Give me your sweater and hat!" I was like, "Okay..." so I gave her the sweater and hat. Then she says, "Now GO HIDE!" So I did. The count was to 30, and my niece was on 20 when I had to go hide. So I ran to the closet and hid in there. Well, apparently, my niece walked right by Megan, and then came to the closet where I was hiding. She opened the door and I said, "Hi!" and scared her. My niece says, "Hey, you weren't playing this game, were you?" Meanwhile, my other sister, who was helping my niece find people starts laughing. We all walk back into the living room where Megan is wearing my hat and my sweater and doing a great job looking like me. We are seven years apart, but we we look a lot alike. We have always looked alike even though there are a lot of years between us and we have the same build. My niece still didn't figure it out even with both of us in the same room. My step-mom had to cover her face with a pillow to keep from laughing out loud.

I'm not sure that Megan and I could ever pull this trick again, but it was so funny that she was able to hide in plain sight.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

it's a good thing i pretended to read a magazine because i was laughing behind it! i love that you switched clothes with me with a moments hesitation :)