Monday, January 25, 2010

Hey you... Listen up!

I've been loving the sermon series this month at my church. I kind of feel like I'm really going to commit to going there.

Last week, what I remember from the sermon is the part about Christian meditation. I think it was about connecting with God. I had just re-read the chapter on meditation from Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster and the pastor talked about that in the sermon!

I've been realizing that it is important for me to go walk, pray, and meditate, which really means focusing on God, listening for his voice, or dwelling on the promises he has given me. I find that when I practice this, I feel more grounded and peaceful. However, it is really hard for me to make this a priority. I often feel like I don't have time. But I need to make time.

This week, the sermon was about whether coincidences really are coincidences or whether they are really acts of God. I have had a few experiences where I know that the "coincidences" in my life really were directed by God.

Recently, I thought it was interesting that I had been thinking about meditation, and what that really means, or looks like, read the chapter by Foster, and then heard a sermon. I think there's something to that repetition... God is trying to tell me something... hopefully I'm listening.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

"i kind of feel like im really going to commit" :)