Monday, April 11, 2005

The Surreal Life

I woke up so tired this morning that life felt surreal. And for a second, I believed that I was living a fake life.

Does this happen to other people?

Does this mean I'm living a lie? I don't think so but I wish I had more time today to reflect on whether there is any truth to this fleeting thought I had when I woke up this morning--to think about how I could be living my life differently or how it could be more real.

On a completely different note...

I met a really cool guy who likes to study at the library on Sundays. He's working on an M.Div. from APU, and I have started to look forward to seeing him when he comes in. Yesterday, I was excited because I thought I would see him, and when he didn't come in, I was disappointed. As I was getting ready to leave, he showed up and chatted for awhile about his interesting life...

I really hope that he sticks around. I want to be his friend.

Sundays are a long and lonely day for me to work. I do nothing but sit at a desk. Sometimes, I get to answer interesting questions, but most of the time, it is quite quiet. I appreciate the solitude, but I miss the companionship of sharing breaks with my coworkers.

Sundays seem less lonely when this guy comes around.

No comments: