Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More on Art

If you stepped back for a moment and took a look at the work of art you have created with your life, what would it look like? Are the lines still forming or can you begin to envision what the entire picture is going to look like? Think of it as the masterpiece that you will present before God once you die. What will it look like? And how do you think God would judge the quality of your work? Is it a masterpiece fit for a museum? A Sunday morning comic?

What a great series of questions on the topic of Christianity and art.

If my life looked like a painting, I think it would be a bit abstract, with subtle color differeneces. I think the eyes would be somehow drawn to the center and there would be lines, but they would be disconnected from each other.

I feel pulled in so many different directions, and I have never really followed through on what I really want to do with my life. I have a lot of different interests and a fear of failure, so I don't take very many risks in terms of job stability or relationships. I feel that I have a strong center in my relationship with God, but since I'm boring (from a lack of taking risks) I think the color would be sort of boring. However, the color could imply ambiguousness in the sense that although I'm not an ambiguous person, maybe the color would hint at the depth of my soul or something.

I think the lines are still forming in my life and I have no idea what the final picture would look like. I would hope that one day I would look at my life and considerate a masterpiece, but at this point, I don't see it. My life just sort of looks boring and disconnected.

Waiting on God for direction can sometimes take a long time.

No comments: