Friday, April 08, 2005

Comfort Music

I'm going to see one of my all-time favorite Christian bands tomorrow night...jars of clay. As I was reflecting on this show, I was remembering the last time I saw them in concert. My brother invited me to go because he knew I liked them a lot and they were playing at Pepperdine, where he went to school.

Prior to this concert, I had one of the most memorable and upsetting conversations I've ever had with my dad. It was awful. I came away from that experience convinced that my dad and I would never understand each other.

That concert was so good, and although I don't remember all the songs they played, I remember being able to talk to my brother about what had happened and being comforted by him. I also remember feeling that there was comfort in the music that was being played.

I find that in some of my worst times, God has comforted me through music.

No comments: