Saturday, June 26, 2004

Ultimate Breakdown

I was really looking forward to today. Even though I had to go to the dentist, and they yelled at me for not flossing... I was going to play Ultimate Frisbee today. I love frisbee. And there were about 10 people that came out to play today, which is a recent record. The frisbee game has been on the decline, but today was really fun.

So I go up to grab the frisbee, and I feel my back move. Yep. Twisted it or something. I landed, but I was in pain. It still hurts.

I am supposed to play cello tonight for "7," the band I'm in at church. I'm still going to play, even though my back is out. I'm more mobile than I was earlier, but I'm so bummed right now that my back is out, especially since I have been trying so hard to strengthen it.

I am getting tired of being injured. It is hard to stay in shape when your body won't let you. And it just reminds me how frail I really am. Shoot, I'm going to be arthritic when I get old...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, let me explain...
no there is too much let me sum up
You first go surfing then play ultimate and you are complaining about your body. I think it has a right to complain to you! Anyway at least you were outside :)
Ryan

Robyn said...

Ryan,
It was two different times! Surfing was two weekends ago, ultimate was this weekend... I can't help myself! I love being outside! Hope you are having a good week.