Sunday, December 07, 2008

Conversations 14

Two weeks ago, I was playing ultimate frisbee and pulled my calf muscle. I could walk, but I was profoundly limping and was sore for about a week. When the muscle pulled, I felt a popping sensation in my leg. Later, I realized that the muscle popped one of my veins. I had a very nice bruise on my leg as a result. My friend Jason was there when I hurt myself:

Me: Jason! I'm glad you're here! I totally wanted to show you my awesome bruise! (I put my leg up on his chair and pulled back the cuff of my jeans)
Jason: Wow. That's crazy. I don't even want to think about it. Put that thing away!
Me (after a slight pause): What, you don't think its attractive?
Dave: Well, I was about to offer you a ride.
Me: Thanks Dave.
Scott: It's okay Jason. I wouldn't have gotten the hint either.

No comments: