Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Milestone

I'm very close to a significant weightloss goal: 20 pounds. I am not quite there yet, but I wanted to celebrate a different but similar milestone in my life: I am under 200 pounds for the first time in years. I think that is quite the accomplishment. I still have a ways to go as far as my overall goal, which I haven't shared with very many people at all. I just do not like talking about this with most people. There are four people total in my life that I've told about my goals, but that's it. But my goal is to lose 30 more pounds. I am losing weight at a rate of one pound per week. So this is going to take me awhile, and I have a feeling that after I lose about 15 more pounds, it will start getting harder for me to lose the weight without a significant increase in the amount of exercise I'm doing. I'm really excited because I think after 10 more pounds, people are going to start noticing. I noticed that my "nice" pants that I wore yesterday to jury duty looked "fat" on me, meaning they were loose and baggy, and did not fit me well at all.

This brings me to another goal that I have to set: No buying expensive nice pants until I've lost at least two pants sizes. I do not have enough money to buy clothes that I'll be in and out of in six months...that's how serious I am about the plan this time. I just spent $10 on a pair of pants that will be tight on me until I lose an extra 10 pounds, but I'm anticipating that I'm going to need them soon. I may also have to find all the pants (that I still have) that used to fit me. Some of them are still pretty nice.

No comments: