Sunday, September 23, 2007

Communicating with Gen-Next

This morning at church, two of the girls from high-school youth group were there early. I said "hi" then sat down to listen to the band practice before I headed over to our kids' area. One of them texted me and told me she "officially" now has a boyfriend. I texted her back and asked, "Does your mom know?" Then she texted me and told me that her mom thinks that she doesn't know boys even exist. Then I told her she should try to bring him along tomorrow night to group.

The whole time we were texting, we were sitting across the aisle from each other, and could have talked about it. So funny. What a different communication style these kids have.

I sometimes feel like for all that I'm 11 years older than these high schoolers, I'm still just really my 14 year old self trapped in a 30 year old body. I really don't feel like I know all that much more. Maybe more about myself.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

last year when i was turning 22 i told mom i felt like i was still 16 inside...her response, "megan, i feel like my 17 year old self and i'm in this old body"...my response "you're not old!" funny how i can see mom as young but i feel like im getting too old for myself...does that make sense?