Wednesday, March 02, 2005

More Communication Issues

I have been really worked up by all the thoughts in my head. I have had recent doubts of my introvertedness, but as I have taken steps outside to sort of observe the way I function, I really am an introvert. Take tonight for example, Bible Study was cancelled, and although I was a little bummed out, I was able to finish a book I borrowed from the library, and I'm feeling way more relaxed than I have in awhile. It's a good feeling.

However, today wasn't my best day. I woke up feeling grumpy and tired, and then my coworker sent me an irritating e-mail, and I wrote her back. She thought I was being mean, and then when we talked about it verbally she still thought I was being mean. I don't know what else I could have done to make her think that I wasn't being mean... she pushed the issue, when it could have been dropped and then I told her exactly why I was irritated. It was sort of messy, but I'm totally fine with the way things turned out even though she walked away in a huff. I apologized a little later but she only hears what she wants. I don't think she understands why I got irritated, but won't listen to why. Anyway, makes for a good discussion.

No comments: