Monday, August 06, 2007

What happens in Vegas...

...stays in Vegas, well, except for this.

Went out with the girls for a bachelorette party in Vegas last weekend. At one of the clubs we met a guy who is from my hometown. He turned out to be really cool, was kind to me and my friends, and was a gentleman. He told me that he was in school to get a Doctorate in Psychology. After spending a good portion of my evening with him, this is what transpired:

Amy (grumpily) to me: Ugh. I just need to lean against the bar, but I don't want any creepy guys near me. My feet hurt and I'm tired.

Me (in her ear): Well you can lean on it here, and don't worry, this one's nice (referring to the guy from my hometown).

The guy to me (after eavesdropping): Did you just call me nice?

Me to the guy: Yeah, why, did you want to be referred to as something else?

The guy: I guess not.

Me to the guy: Because let's be honest, since that's going to be your new profession, would you want to be anything other than nice?

The guy: No, not really.

Me: Well, okay then.

Of all the girls in the group, I would have voted myself "least likely to meet a guy in a bar in Vegas." Just goes to remind me that nothing is impossible.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

i would never vote you least likely to meet a guy in a bar in vegas!!! ps you have to ask mom if she knows the guy :)