Monday, August 20, 2007

Get Excited!...

...is my new favorite phrase, adopted from my sister and her roommate.

I have been making an effort to live healthier and it showed when I tried on the dress I ordered for my brother's wedding in September. I got measured in May, and the dress is too big. At least a size too big. I'm going to have to get it altered. I do not think I'll lose that much more weight before the wedding, but I'm hoping for at least 5 pounds. I don't think 5 pounds will impact the alterations all that much.

This really showed me that I have lost weight. I haven't been able to really "see" it since I haven't gone down a pants size yet. I can still wear all the clothes I've been wearing.

I do not like to talk about this very much out of respect for all the girls I know who struggle with body image. I don't really. I was happy with the way I looked, I just know that my body would appreciate carrying less weight, and I know that my eating habits were atrocious.

No comments: