Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Galatians

I have been feeling really tired and overwhelmed. I want to escape from my life. I'm feeling angry, bitter, frustrated and tired almost all the time. The only time I don't is when I'm physically playing music, on my guitar or on my cello.

Kyle came over yesterday and helped me learn how to play the new song I wrote. I'm going to have to practice it.

Tara is seeing this guy she met at church. He seems cool so far. I went over last night to give her a funny card about her new relationship status and he was there. I'll be praying for both of them. He's a really nice guy and I can't help but be a little envious. I am glad for her though cause she is one of my favorite people in sd, and the last relationship she had was not so good. She's really happy and its awesome to see.

I have two papers and two presentations due by Thursday, so I'm probably going to take the rest of the day off today and most of tomorrow. There's no way I'll be able to finish the work otherwise. And I really NEED to go to band practice tonight. I need the support of my Christian musician friends as I muddle through the week and my life.

I titled this post Galatians because Paul says this to the Galatians: What has happened to all your joy?

I do not know why I cannot be joyful. I want my joy back. I pray that God would reveal to me my stumbling block; my sin so that I may be free from it and experience joy.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

I understand what you mean when you say you feel like your joy has left you. Remember there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3...i had to look that up). I know being joyful feels a whole lot better than feeling down and out but we cannot feel joyful at every moment. This too shall pass and you will most definitely be joyful again! Just hang in there and remember that after the rain, the clouds part, and the sun shines. and i love you. sorry if all the philosophical statements above make you more irritated, but they are true.
love,
meg