Saturday, September 30, 2006

Being vs Doing

I'm in a pensive mood at the moment-- problem solving in my head, and reviewing the events of the past week, my goals for the future, and basically evaluating my current state of being.

I really want to go for a walk, but I wish I had someone to call to come with me.

I thought I wanted to just "be" this evening, cause I'm really tired, and I'll probably go to bed early. But at the same time, I sort of wish there were people around.

I have been too busy this week, and I am disheartened by all the time I spend "doing." But if I'm not "doing," then I am bored.

I understand why we are called to rest, because it is tiring to be constantly busy. And right now, I have too much on my mind to even try to rest.

This week, I feel like I've lucked into a very unexpected friendship, and it both encourages me and challenges me at the same time.

No comments: