Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Chances

I helped our pastor and assistant pastor interview a candidate for a youth director position we have at church. When I envisioned the kind of person who would be good for this position, it was not this guy's personality. He is young and inexperienced, but genuine, honest, and compassionate. We are going to have to teach him some things, and hopefully we'll be able to learn from each other.

And maybe it isn't about what we (the pastors and I) thought we needed, but what God knows we need. I think this guy's compassion and genuineness might be exactly what we need in a youth director.

He wants to grow, and anyone who is willing to grow and learn is worth the investment. I know I was inexperienced once, and someone was willing to give me a chance. That's how you get experience.

No comments: