Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My mind is on overdrive...

There's so much going on in my life right now. I haven't been blogging because I've been so busy! But this blog is something that I want to be able to come back to and see where I've been and who I'm becoming.

I am becoming a more anxious person.
I always think that I'm going to be less busy in the summer, but that is not the case. I'm taking a really hard class right now, and it is stressing me out. I guess I am more of a perfectionist than I initionally thought. Maybe I've acquired a bit more of that as I've gotten older. Who knows.

I am becoming a more social person.
Mostly because I just started playing cello with a girl who plays guitar in San Diego and so I am now in a band. Through her, I have already met at least three new people that will be added to my social circle. This is good.

I am more worried about the future.
I have to make some pretty big decisions in about 2 years. Will I stay here in SD or move out of the state? There are pros and cons to that decision, and I feel as though it will be one of those "What if?" moments in my life...the moments where your life can really go one way or the other, there's not really a "right" decision, but it will change your life forever. That will be an exciting time, and I wish I was at that place in life now. This moment will come once I finish library school.

I am having writer's block.
This is evidenced by my inability to blog consistently and write more children's songs. I wrote one today though, in preparation for our Kid's Club Camp which is coming up in about three weeks. I finally looked at our curriculum, and I need to create a set list of about 10 songs. Right now, I have five, maybe six songs on my list. The good news is that I have been praying for inspiration, and I managed to write that song today in about 20 minutes. :) It is based on Deuteronomy 29:29. Actually, the lyrics are word for word. The music is fun and catchy. I just have to remember how it goes. I want to write at least one more song, so we'll see what happens.

No comments: