Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nice Day

Today was so busy. I had a ton of stuff to do at work, and I'm not done yet. It can wait til tomorrow. I'm so glad that I don't have a stressful job. It matters that I do my work, but what I do is not life or death. Things can be put off to a certain extent. The danger is not taking advantage of those opportunities.

And it is such a nice day. I have to come back to my office later to do some school work tonight. That's okay. But I think I'm going to go and continue to try and break in my new running shoes. I like them. I hate breaking shoes in.

I just finished reading Brennan Manning's the Ragamuffin Gospel. It is one of those books that I've been meaning to read for awhile. I really liked it. I can see why others are so drawn to his work. I don't have time to ruminate at the moment on this, but it may show up later this week.

I also have been working on a new song for the kiddies. But I'm trying to write something that would be more profound. The music I write should be able to stand on its own sometimes, so I'm trying to write a GOOD song. Something that I'm proud of. I have a concept and a few lines of lyrics that I like so far, but it is nowhere near ready for the music part. I'm trying to finish it in the next two weeks. I'm hoping that I'll find some free time to sit and reflect and write this week.

L-Thanks for the good times Monday night. I really miss hearing your perspective on my life. It helps me.

I'm off to enjoy the sunset. West, over the ocean. :)

No comments: