Friday, March 03, 2006

Month in Review

I spent about 30 minutes this morning just studying my planner. What I'm finding is that there is a direct correlation between planner usage and my stress level.

So, here are the updates and lessons learned from the month:

1. Resolved that conflict with my friend. We are still speaking to each other, and lately, we have almost approached pre-conflict levels of communication. I'm so glad its over! I think we also both got busy, so there's less time spent together, and more time spent apart, so that when we DO get to see each other, we are both glad.

The lesson: its okay to have conflict, conflict does not automatically mean the end of a relationship and it takes time sometimes for things to settle into resolution.

2. Grad School is hard. And I have another 3 years to go.

Not a lesson per se, but a reminder: It is never profitable to procrastinate. Get things done when I have the time, or I will be MORE stressed and less productive.

3. There was a definite deepening in the relationship that I have with a good friend of mine. We are still learning to trust each other, and yet, we have a pretty good friendship. I'm excited to see what becomes of us. It is good to have friends to cry with.

The Lesson: Don't let go of friends like these.

4. This kind of goes along with number 3. Reconnected with a guy I really like. We have a long history together. He is such a quality guy, and so far, I like everything about him. We NEVER should have lost touch in the first place. It does take time and effort to make these kinds of relationships work.

The Lesson: When you find quality people, don't let go. See the same lesson above. Make the effort to communicate, and don't let distance be a factor to good friendships.

Anyway, I feel like grad school has only magnified and intensified the issues I face in my life. It has made me appreciate free time even more. It has made me appreciate my friends more. I am overwhelmed, and I know it. This alone has made me appreciate God more, and trust that yes, this really is a part of the plan He has for my life.

No comments: