Sunday, May 01, 2005

Again with the life

I feel like I need a vacation. I'm feeling like I need to do something more with my life and I'm having trouble making a decision.

Should I go to library school?
Find a job in student affairs, which is my actual field?
Start a doctorate?

I would feel horrible if I quit my current job because I like it so much, but I really need more money. Which is why I would consider library school. However, I have never experienced (really) a job in SA (student affairs). It is unlikely that there will be any positions available here in SD and if I did try to find a new job, I would likely do another nation-wide search. I cannot count on finding a job in the area, and it is very expensive. I would love to be able to live outside of CA and experience something new, where I could afford to buy a house and get a dog. But I have no money.

On top of all this, I am experiencing a season of introversion, and have been avoiding my friends so I don't really feel like I have anyone I can talk to about all these things that I'm thinking about and combined with the boredom that summer will bring, this is not going to be a very fun time of life for me.

No comments: